Huvadhoo Aid is NGO based in Maldives. This not-for-profit set up ensures that the entirety of your fee is spent on the costs of your placement. This means that your entire fee goes back into aiding the community.
Our volunteering fees include all your food and accommodation, a local sim-card for your phone, visa costs, 24 hour support, local transportation both to and within the atoll, weekly activities and anything else you will require specific to your placement. Weekly activities may involve fishing trips, snorkeling round the coral reefs or picnics to uninhabited islands. Locals will more often than not be used for transport within the atoll, and as much of our food as possible is locally sourced. Our transparent policy ensures that our volunteers know exactly where their money goes. You will be able to see precisely what your money is being spent on and if you have any questions or issues at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Additional to the program fee is an administration Fee – This US$250 fee helps to cover the administrative costs involved for the time and work between our application review and your arrival in Maldives such as visa applications, office overheads and local staff.
Our activities as an NGO greatly benefit the local community, and when you join our family you too will be able to watch your time and money become invested in the happiness of the local people.
3 weeks – USD 1,500.00
4 weeks – USD 2,000.00
6 weeks – USD 2,800.00
8 weeks – USD 3,600.00
10 weeks – USD 4,500.00
12 weeks – USD 5,200.00
Confirm your placement
Booking is confirmed once we have received the required documents and the programme fee in full.
What you get for the fee:
- Volunteer placement within Huvadhoo Aid or with one of our partner NGOs.
- Domestic transportation from Male international airport to the island. This includes a flight to nearest domestic airport followed by a boat ride to the island where you stay
- Minimum of one picnic to nearby uninhabited island, although more often than not this will be a weekly occurrence!
- Accommodation for the length of your stay, and 3 full meals a day
- Optional Dhivehi (the national language) lessons.
- Visa for the length of your stay (details of which will be provided before your flight).
- Local member to ensure you have everything you need and constant support throughout your stay.
- Local sim-card so you can make local calls and texts (you must provide your own phone, however, and pay for your own calls and texts).
Discounts are available for longer placements, and can be discussed alongside your application.
Please contact us directly for special offers and discounts available. Special offers or discounts are only available when booking direct with us. Any bookings through third parties will generally not receive special offers or discounts.
Group Discount – If 10 people book as a group, you will get one placement free of charge.
Returning Volunteers – If you are returning to Atoll Volunteers we offer a 10-20% discount
Early bird special – We offer a 5-15% discount on the programme fee to anyone who confirms their placement based on the special offer available
The administrative fee of USD 250 is a non refundable fee. Once the fee is paid we will start to get you a placement in our network.
After the volunteer fee is paid, and for any reason if the volunteer decides to cancel the placement and require refund of volunteer fee the refund will be given as follows:
30 days before the arrival 75% of volunteer fee
15 days before the arrival 50% of volunteer fee
10 days before the arrival 30% of volunteer fee
5 days before the arrival no refund will be awarded
For all the refunds, the bank charges for the refund shall be borne by volunteer